Saturday, December 1, 2018

Oops. Missed November.....

Somehow it became December and I didn't post during November.  Whoops!  Anyway, I have various finishes, one of which I won't show cause it's a Christmas present and a certain someone (I think) reads this blog.  So just in case, I won't show that item.

First, the last thing I finished -- it just came off the needles.  It's the Forest Tam by Marie Wallin



I used Marie Wallin's new yarn called British Breeds.  The colors are so wonderful!  Sadly, the picture doesn't convey how perfect the colors are.  This pattern came in the British Breeds box of yarn -- a skein of each color, plus the pattern booklet.  I hope to make the cowl from the booklet as well.

Next is the Kukka Cowl from the latest issue (17) of Amirisu magazine.


I used the called for Ram Jam yarn from Daughter of a Shepherd.  I only needed one skein of each color, not two as the pattern says.

I also finished the Little Burr hat by Sarah Solomon.


I used the lovely Myak Baby Yak Medium for the hat -- such a treat!

And yes, I did finish my Jaycee cardigan by Isabell Kraemer.


I even found some buttons for it -- took a while for them to arrive.  Now I need to sew them on.  Problem is I keep wearing the cardigan -- hard to sew on buttons while I'm wearing it!

Lots of things happened since I last posted.  I had a wonderful time in the city when Loop London had its pop up event at the Here Now Space run by Myak.  I was so happy to meet up with Tanya, Lucy and Nancy, who came all the way up from Virginia for the weekend, and the event.  (Tanya is bzmama, Lucy is lucysyarnpocket, and Nancy is nancydaniels92 on instagram.)   We met up at Katz's Deli for lunch.


We visited Purl Soho afterwards and then went to the lovely pop up shop.  Such fun!  Thanks, ladies, for a fun day!

Then of course there was Thanksgiving.  Got to have my kid-lings home for a few days.  Yay!




It went by way too quickly, but it was so good to hug my babies. 

Of course, we see DD much more often than DS since she lives in the city.  This past Thursday, I got to go to see Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald with her in the city (#protectthesecrets). After, we met up with the father type and had dinner at the Grey Dog, and dessert at Max Brenners.  OMG.  Chocolate.  (I had fish tacos at the Grey Dog.  Yum!)





I need more chocolate.  lol!  I neglected to take a picture of DD.  Silly me!

Mia, needless to say, hasn't been appreciative of extra people in the house, of me disappearing for the day, or of the disruption of her schedule.  She also doesn't appreciate the cold.  But she survives.


Happy Advent!  Happy holidays!

15 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm so glad you're wearing your sweater all the time! It looks fantastic on you! I find I won't wear pullovers at all.

It sounds like you've had some good family time. Your daughters hair is gorgeous (as is she)! Did you like Fantastic Beasts? I keep hearing very mixed reviews.

Evelyne said...

Oh I love the hat I will make that one too. I finished the baa-bla hat this weekend. I love also the Kukka cowl and the cardigan!

Nice week,
Evelyne


marly said...

The hats are great! The colors show bright and happy on my laptop.

Good times with family and friends and yarn shops! I can only imagine the taste of the chocolate.

Vickie said...

Such gorgeous knitting Margaret! You are so blessed to have such fun things to do so close to you! Come back to the blog in December now!! ;)

Vera said...

Your colorwork is always gorgeous Margaret. Love the Forest Tam! No wonder you didn't blog - too busy - lol. Years ago (decades, really), I took a Hardanger course that Lucy taught. It was great! I'm stalking the mailman waiting (NOT patiently) for my issue of Amirisu.

Vicki said...

All of your knitting projects are lovely (as always!). I really like the sweater, it looks very comfy.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful finishes as always ❤️
I'm sure December will fly by even faster than November!

woolwoman said...

such fun you've been having my friend ! so fun meeting up with virtual friends - that was great visiting the pop up and Purl. I'm still trying to make time to see the first "beast" movie and now the 2nd one is already out. DH is not a HP fan so he has not been in a hurry to watch the "beast" movie. We watched that Mrs. Peregrin and the Peculiar Children last night and he said OH it's too much like Harry Potter! LOVE LOVE your green cardi and the hat from Marie Wallin is gorgeous. I particularly love the cable hat your DH is wearing. That HUGMUG of chocolate looks fantastic! Enjoy the rest of the holiday season - happy knitting - Mel

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

I was supposed to go to the pop up and waited to long to buy the ticket. Would have loved to see you! xoxo

Rachel said...

Happy Holidays Margaret! Your finishes are beautiful. I love the Kukka Cowl and the colors you chose. And the cardigan! Everything you make seems to drape and fit so perfectly...that's the one thing that's always scared me away from knitting.

Beth said...

Chocolate! The Kukka cowl is stunning in its black and white starkness. Glad all is well this holiday season.

ricketyjo said...

You've been so busy! All the crafty things look wonderful. And now I really really want a lovely soothing mug of hot chocolate.

Penny said...

I always love to see what you have been knitting. Such pretty colors in the Forest Tam! And such fun times in the city! I know how happy you must have been to have your kids home for Thanksgiving - my daughter won't be home for Christmas, and I'm still trying to be okay with that. : )

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous knitting, Margaret. I love the Forest Tam. Looks like you have been having lots of fun in the big city - I love Katz's - I hope that you had a ruben sandwich. Tell Mia, hi from Furio and Milo who are envious of her cold weather - it has been unbearably hot her for poor pussy cats. Merry Christmas.

Carol said...

Looks like you had a busy, but fun November, Margaret. Your knitting is beyond impressive to me--truly. You are amazing--I love the tam! And the sweater looks so warm and cozy--I can see why you don't want to take it off this time of year :)

Always so nice to have the kids home, isn't it? My oldest and DIL will be here for Christmas as Thanksgiving was spent with her family--can't wait to have all of us together again. We haven't all been together since May! (Love those windows in your eating area by the way--is your house older?).

Hope Mia is back to normal now! Enjoy your weekend :)