Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Another month ending....

It's happened again -- we're coming to the end of another month.  How can it be?  I guess I'm just old.  lol!

I finished the Brora shawl, and got it all blocked too.  I do love how it came out.  But I don't wear shawls.  Perhaps it will be a Christmas present.  This is by Gudrun Johnston.  I used Brooklyn Tweed Vale yarn.


I'm now working on the Jaycee cardigan by Isabel Kraemer.  I'm using Tukuwool Fingering yarn in the Lehto (I think) colorway.  (The color is off in the picture.)


I need a cardigan -- somehow I've only knitted color work cardigans so far, and only two at that.

The father type and I had a fun day in the city on Wednesday last.  We went to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on Broadway with the original London cast (the cast and crew that originated the parts and the theater magic).  What an amazing piece of theater! 





The play is actually in two parts, two full length plays really.  So we saw part one in the afternoon, then went for an early dinner at Haru Sushi.  Yum!



Then back to the theater in the evening for part two.



I'm so glad to have seen the play with the original London cast.  Having followed all the hullaballoo about the play from the beginning, I was used to seeing these cast members online.  It was great to see them do their stuff.

Mia was happy to see us when we got home very late that night.  She hates when I'm out of the house for too long.



14 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Great shawl, Margaret and your day in the city sounds like a lot of fun! How cool that you get to go for dinner in between the two parts of the play. Say "miaow" to Mia from Furio and Milo. How old is Mia now?

Carol said...

That shawl is so lovely, Margaret and will make a great gift for someone :) So wonderful that you got to see the play and enjoyed it so much. Interesting that it was in two parts--I have never heard of that! It sounds like a fun, full day :) Not a sushi lover, but it is very pretty!

Hope November is a good month for you :)

Heritage Hall said...

Your Brora shawl is an exquisite piece of workmanship. Thank you for the trip down
memory lane with your visit to the theatre in NY. I imagine that district still holds all the electricity and magic it always did.

marly said...

Laptop issues. Can't see the photos, but I'm sure the shawl is lovely as always. Never had sushi, probably never will, no idea of its taste.

Susan said...

Love the color of the cardigan and am looking forward to seeing you model it.

Vickie said...

What a lovely shawl. And that cardigan is great! The sushi looks wonderful even though I do not like it! ;)

Vicki said...

Love the shawl, it will make a great gift for someone. What a fun trip to the city. My husband would enjoy that play, he's a huge Harry Potter fan.

Beth said...

Amazing sweater and shawl Margaret. How interesting that the play is presented in two parts. I'm all in with the original London cast - your dinner break looks amazing too.

Vera said...

Fun day in the City Margaret! Your shawl is gorgeous and the cardigan will be as well - both are fabulous patterns.

Poor little spoiled Mia!!!

Dawn said...

Your shawl is extra beautiful with that quilt in the background adding to the colors.
All of your knitting be gorgeous.
The sushi looks so delicious, a nice meal between plays.

Penny said...

I love your shawl, Margaret! Somebody is going to be very happy at Christmas. What a pretty color your cardigan is - I love green! And wow, what an amazing day in the city! Interesting that the play was divided into two parts. But it gave you some time to eat some delicious looking food. Mia is such a sweetie! The newest addition to our family waits on a chair by the door until we return home - even if we are out for the whole day.

woolwoman said...

love your shawl finish Margaret - I also love your new start - great color ! You are so lucky to dash into the city for a play and/or dinner. It's a major expenditure to consider going to NYC for anything from down here. Take care and thanks for your comments on my blog - I am still not getting them delivered to my email address. Mel

Jackie's Stitches said...

Beautiful shawl and cardigan! Shawls are perfect for winter down here.

A friend flew up to NYC to see the same play. A two parter is kind of cool! She loved it!

Evelyne said...

lovely cadigan and yumi foot i see! The shawl is a very lovely gift!

Have a nice week,
Evelyne