Saturday, September 29, 2018

Eek!

How did it get to be the end of September?  It doesn't help that I haven't been able to really settle down into my knitting.  I've had gauge issues on sweaters, and so have stuck to smaller projects.  Makes for more finished objects, I guess.

So I started and finished another pair of socks -- top down this time with a heel flap and gusset.  They are the Cyril Socks by Little Bobbins knits, Danielle Jorge.


I love them, and I think they are a better fit.  I used the Retrosaria Mondim sock yarn. 

Next, I started and finished the Pine Bough Cowl by Dianna Walla of Paper Tiger.


I used the called for yarn -- Hikoo by Skacel Kenzie.

And now I've started the Brora Shawl by Gudrun Johnston.


I'm using Brooklyn Tweed Vale yarn.  I've now remembered why shawl knitting is not my thing -- it gets so boring.  lol!  There will be more interesting things in future, but right now it's the slog with the rows getting longer and longer and the same patterning over and over.  Ah well.  My mind is wandering to other knitting -- not a good sign.

Not much else to tell.  Mia is my season signpost -- she has switched to her winter bed with the cooler temperatures.  A sure sign that Autumn has arrived.  Although I do see a few warmer days in the forecast too. 


Hope everyone is enjoying the change of seasons.

13 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful--it might be boring but it sure is pretty. Mia is a smart girl

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful as always. The socks look so comfy :)
The weather in Ohio has changed from summer to fall so quickly. I just don't like what comes next :(

marly said...

Ooooh that cowl is nice. And patterned!

Beth said...

Changing from summer to autumn always leaves me rather scattered and unsettled. I have to find my groove again and get used to longer nights and shorter days. Hope you get yor knitting karma back - those are great green socks BTW!

Vickie said...

Wonderful socks Margaret! Can't wait to see what your mind has wandered to next.

Carol said...

I'm sorry your shawl is a boring (to you) project, Margaret... It really is pretty, though, as are the socks and cowl! I'd say you had quite a productive month...

Looks like this coming week is warming up here in PA so it will be heading your way. Last week was just the worst with rain and cloudy gray days the entire time! Happy October!

Vicki said...

Love the socks and the cowl... the shawl looks pretty to me!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I can't remember, have you ever knit lace shawls? You might find them less boring than "regular" shawls. I always love seeing your projects1

It's still so hot here but the humidity has declined just a wee bit. Enough to feel encouraged that the 90 degree days may come to an end!

woolwoman said...

Love the green socks ! try as I might - I am not able to be a sock knitter because I knit too loose. I even bought the sought after and much in demand Addi Flexi Flips because I was sure it would make me a better sock knitter - NOT ! I guess I'll keep going with them because I love Jitterbug so much. You and I differ I guess - I love boring shawl knitting, the same thing over and over. That is my respite from a demanding day at work I guess. I bet another fair isle is in your future. I've seen so many awesome ones lately and I'm dying to buy some new Rowan for fall. Cheers Mel

Penny said...

Pretty green socks! And a pretty pattern and color combination for your cowl. Your shawl is lovely, but I understand the boredom factor. Probably why mine is languishing in my knitting bag somewhere.🙂It's in the 80's here today, and I'm not complaining. These last few months have disappeared in a flash - time needs to slow down just a little.

Sherry said...

Love that green!!! It will be time for some cozy socks soon! I hope you and your family have been well!

Kaisievic said...

Great socks, Margaret.

Vera said...

Great socks (I thought you would enjoy knitting them once you started - lol). And that cowl is gorgeous! I do enjoy knitting shawls (there are 2 in the new issue of Laine that are gorgeous!!), but I also know what you mean about getting boring.... can't wait to see what your next sweater project is (you always make them SO FAST).

Our weather wasn't all that cool while we were up in NY, VT and MA. And now it is muggy and warm here. YUCK!