Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The never ending sweater.....

Yikes, it's been a while since I've blogged!!  It's almost the end of June, and I'm still not finished with this darned cardigan.  Close, but no cigar.  Sigh.  I figured I'd better post and forget about finishing before July starts.  Here are the various pieces of Ilia, designed by Michele Wang.  I'm using Brooklyn Tweed Loft in the Faded Quilt color.








The first picture shows the fronts and back with the stitches picked up for the wide ribbing that goes around the front and the collar.  The second shows the blocked sleeves.  The third picture shows the endless ribbing I'm now knitting on.  Snore.

I'll leave you with some Mia cuteness.



Hope everyone is having a great start to the summer (or winter, depending on where you are!).  Less than a week to the start of the best slam of the year -- Wimbledon!!  (Can you believe we are talking about Federer and Nadal being the best again?  Amazing!)

16 comments:

Vera said...

Hey Margaret, it may be taking a long time, but that is going to be one awesome sweater! It's already awesome pieces - lol. That is an awful lot of ribbing, but it looks like maybe you are nearing completion? I'm finding my gradient shawl slow-going. the color changes are not happening quickly enough for me - lol. Hope you and yours are enjoying Summer!! Will you be getting up to Maine?

Mugwump Woolies said...

Gorgeous sweater! You truly are a master knitter! My husband is right with you with the tennis...he loves Wimbledon! I'm just happy I don't have to look at that ugly red clay anymore!!! Enjoy!
Robyn

Heritage Hall said...

what a gorgeous design and what skillful knitting.. a joy to view...

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I enjoy Wimbledon more than any other tennis on television - there's something special about it every year. I used to play club tennis many years ago - in fact hubby and I met there:-) I do love to see Mia.

Vickie said...

wOw! You are one amazing knitter my friend! Love this sweater. And Mia. ;)

Rugs and Pugs said...

Breathtakingly gorgeous!!! I'm amazed as always.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Carol said...

Oh, your sweater is looking marvelous, Margaret! I'm always in awe of your knitting abilities! And what a lovely color.

I haven't posted in June yet either as I've been on the road far too much... Hoping to get up a post by month's end. Happy July to you!

Jackie's Stitches said...

You sweater is beautiful Margaret! I have a feeling it's going to my favorite of your sweaters! There is just something about it...

Evelyne said...

You have so much patients, but it's worth it. A gorgeous sweater!

Have a great week.
Evelyne

Beth said...

An amazing sweater! Always nice to see Mia.

Vicki said...

I love the color of this sweater! It already looks warm and cozy and it's not even put together. I'm eager to see the finished product.

marly said...

I'm speechless.

Brigitte said...

I love the cable pattern very much. And knitted with the yarn you use it looks a bit like chenille, so soft. At least from the distance.How can you knit with wool, when it's so hot, lol. But maybe the heat missed your region.

woolwoman said...

I was wondering about you ! glad you are doing OK and knitting along - WOW - what gorgeous cable work - exquisite yarn too. I'm in the midst of camp loopy - did finish the 1st one pretty handily now on to CL 2 for 200 yards more. Take care and enjoy the Slam! Mel

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Such beautiful knitting and this will be quite a remarkable sweater!

deb said...

The sweater is gorgeous! The pattern/design, the yarn you're using ... just wonderful, every bit.