Saturday, February 1, 2020

Love my blankie

I missed posting in January, but it was for a good reason.  I wanted to be able to show off my progress on my Marie Wallin Fair Isle Club 5 blanket.  I'm loving this project so much!


Isn't it gorgeous?  And I'm very happy with how knitting the color work flat is working for me.  Yay!

I don't think I ever posted a picture of the hat I gave to DH for Christmas.  Well, here it is on DH's head.  I took this picture when we were shoveling the driveway.  Knock on wood, we haven't had to do that often this season!


This is the Mill Hill Toque by Andrea Rangel in Brooklyn Tweed Shelter.  (Isn't he a cute husband?)

We had a bit of unwanted excitement one day when it was very windy and blustery out.  The power went out a bit after 4pm one day.  With our record in this neighborhood of not getting our power back for over a week at a time, I was not a happy camper.  But luckily, we were only out of power for something over 4 1/2 hours.  Our across the street neighbors were not so lucky -- they were out of power for more like 11 hours.  The culprit?  A huge branch that split off from the main trunk of an evergreen in our neighbor's yard.  DH grabbed a picture of it before it was carted away by the town the next day.


We were actually blocked in on one end of the street by this tree trunk, and by a downed power line on the other end of the street after the power went out.  But again, luckily, that situation was taken care of within those 4 hours.  


We have always known that Mia is fond of coffee -- she has never actually had coffee, but she loves to attack mugs that once had coffee in them, and once she attacked a Keurig cup.  lol!  But she never really seemed all that thrilled by catnip.  She would be jazzed about a catnip toy for a little bit, but not as much as a good empty cup that smelled like coffee.  Well, that seems to have changed!  I bought her a catnip snake, and she absolutely loves it.  She wanted it even before I got it out of the packaging it arrived in!




The toy has very very strong catnip in it, so that might be the secret!  I'm happy she's so enamored.  lol!

18 comments:

marly said...

LOL!! I need some catnip.

That blanket is amazing. AMAZING!

Vickie said...

THAT BLANKET IS SO AMAZING! I don't think I could ever use it!!

Winterfan said...

The blanket is so gorgeous!! Wow!

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous blanket, yes, a very cute husband, lucky re no power for a relatively short time and I love the catnip snake - where did you get it?

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The blanket is just so special Margaret and Mia is such a little character - catnip can sent them quite crazy:)

Hazel said...

Look at that snow!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Blanket is gorgeous. As is mia. X

sheila said...

the blanket is beyond gorgeous--you are an amazing knitter

Vicki said...

The blanket is gorgeous...
your husband is cute (and so is his hat)...
Mia looks very happy with her snake!
Your knitting prowess continues to amaze me, Margaret, you are so skilled.

Rugs and Pugs said...

That blanket ~ WOW! Your knitting always blows me away.
Yes. Hubby is a cutie patootie :)

Mugwump Woolies said...

Beautiful blanket! Adorable pic of your hubby...I think he likes his hat! You are truly a master knitter!
Robyn

Vera said...

OMG Margaret, your blanket is AMAZING. So beautiful! The cat we had prior to Tyg (Maestro) loved ground coffee - whenever I would grind beans, she would jump up onto the counter hoping to lick some up! Tyg doesn't seem interested in it. But, he does have a snake that Colin & Mailing gave him at Christmas and he loves that (his is also pink!).

P.J. said...

Hubby is very cute in his hat. Love, love that blanket. I've missed seeing Mia. Glad she's in enjoying her snake!

diamondc said...

Margaret: You blanket is positively stunning, so beautiful.
Your husband looks very handsome in his hat,
So sorry you had to go through the blackout for even a short period.
Mia is such a lucky baby to have a wonderful mom to buy her a gift to play with, my cat loves catnip acts really silly for hours.

Catherine

Carol said...

That may be the prettiest blanket ever, Margaret!! And you did a great job on the hat for your husband, too. Sorry about the snow and the tree and the blackout. Crazy weather. We haven't had to shovel once this year so far--in fact, the shovels are still up in our garage attic! Very strange winter...

Hugs to Miss Mia ♥

woolwoman said...

cute little Mia showing off her snake! Your fair isle blanket is gorgeous! Simply stunning - good excuse for not making the January EOM. what's on the needles?
glad your snow days have been minimal. Enjoy prime knitting time - Mel

Sandy said...

Oh no, you really are blocked in. That looks like a major downed line and tree. Hope they were able to get it cleaned up quickly for you. If I were hubby I'd have that hat way down over my ears to keep warmer. We just got more snow today and I'm in countdown mode til Spring 39 days. LOVE LOVE LOVE your blanket........oh my the detail and the color. Breathtaking!!! Please swing by for a visit. Sandy's Space

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your fair isle is simply stunning! You should try your hand at designing! Your hubby looks very pleased with his hat and I love that he is smiling even though he had been shoveling snow!

I hope your winter continues to be milder than normal!

Sandy said...

Making blog rounds and popped into say hi. Hope things are going well for you.
Sandy's Space