Wednesday, October 30, 2019

October post

Once again it's time for me to say -- where did the month go?  For that matter, where did the year go?  Really?  Almost time for T and C?  Ah well.  Here's what I have to show for the month.

I finished two pairs of socks this month -- I was participating in the Falling Leaves Sock KAL hosted by Earthtones Girl Denise of the Earthtones Girl Podcast.  The first pair is the Hermione's Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder.  And yes, in case you were wondering, the Hermione referenced is from Harry Potter.   :D  I used Woolly Mammoth Fibre Co Natural Sock in the All Treats No Tricks color way.


I also finished the Goat's Eye Socks by Tracy Millar of the Grocery Girls Podcast.  I used Mondim Yarn, which I love.  Underneath my gold Goat's Eye socks, you can see all the socks I've knitted so far in my knitting life.  It seems like when I travel is when I get the sock knitting yen.


After the sock knitting, I was finally ready to swatch for another color work project.  And I cast on for the Greis Dress by Kate Davies.  I'm using Kate's Millarochy Tweed in the colors called for.  At the bottom is corrugated rib.  It's not my favorite thing to knit, but I do love how it looks.  Sort of like how I feel about over one cross stitch.  lol!



It's going to take forever to get to the color work yoke at the top.  Sigh.

In my last post, I didn't mention that the father type and I were staying for the week in NYC (the end of September and the beginning of October).  We had a grand time.  Probably one of the high lights was seeing Hamilton on Broadway.  What a show!



Here are a few other pictures.  (The bookstore is the new McNally Jackson, down in the Seaport District.  What a gorgeous store!)






Needless to say, Mia was not happy until we were home again.  Then we got our usual scolding.  And then she stuck to me like velcro for a few days.


(Anyone else impatient for the final book in the Book of Dust trilogy?)

Hard to believe that the next time I post will be after that T word happens!

12 comments:

Vicki said...

Two more gorgeous finishes (socks) and a beautiful start (sweater)! Beautiful work, Margaret.

Rugs and Pugs said...

As always, I am in TOTAL awe of your knitting skills.
What a fun week in NYC!!! Great pictures.
I'm sure Mia was happy you were back home again.

krayolakris said...

Beautiful socks Margaret! And thanks for sharing pics of the city. The Oculus is fantastic! Glad you got to see Hamilton!

butterfly said...

Love the socks and your knitting .
Fab photos.

Vickie said...

I really did not know about the Oculus! I had to look it up because I knew it must have been made by Calatrava!! And it is! Our Milwaukee Art Museum is very similar in style to that! Fantastic! He designed it also. :D

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The corrugated rib is very much worth it Margaret when you see the end result. Mia is such a little cutie - she just makes me want to hug her.

Merry Wind Farm said...

I always love seeing your beautiful knitting! That is one thing I have never done. Ie looks like your vacation in NYC was wonderful! Thanks for sharing your pictures. Melinda

Carol said...

Your newest socks are so pretty, Margaret and I loved seeing all you have knit so far. Your newest colorwork piece is looking amazing already--it will be worth it in the end :)

I've never spent any time in NYC except for brief in and out visits. I think it would be fun to take an entire week to explore (a tiny part of) the city :) Would love to see Hamilton some day--my husband is NOT into musicals so I will have to convince him :)

Vera said...

Beautiful knitting as always Margaret! You are right - socks make great travel knitting - so portable, right? And Greis...sigh...what a gorgeous pattern, but oy! That's a lot of grey stockinette!! The end result should make it all worthwhile. Looks like a fabulous book store in NYC - glad you had such a good time.

woolwoman said...

I have always loved Herminoie's socks - If I could knot socks I would surely do those for sure! love the colors in your new pullover. I'm brushing up (very slowly) on my fair isle - I'm ready to start the colorwork on the Arne and Carlos Rowan cowl. just need to take the plunge. Glad you had a fun time in the big city, did you do any yarn shopping? Yes Thanksgiving is looming - hope the kids are coming home. Mel

diamondc said...

Margaret: Your socks are beautiful, the colors are perfect.
It looks like you had a blast in NYC, the book store looks like a place I could sit and read for hours.
Poor Mia, Blondie the Cat ignores us for a couple of days when we return from vacation.
Have a great week.

Catherine

Sandy said...

Love the design and color of your 2nd pair of socks. Very cool! The color work in the sweater is very pretty, but does look tedious with the changing colors and ribbing. Anxious to see that grow.

Sandy's Space