Sunday, October 16, 2016

Not that Vika.....

First, I have to show another picture of my Serena Shawl, hot off the blocking mats.


I do love this shawl!

Next, I will show you Vika -- the pullover, not the tennis player (yes, both Serena and Vika are tennis players, as well as a shawl and a pullover.  lol!).  I've finished the back of Vika and have started the front.


I love knitting cables, and these simpler cables are good practice for improving my cabling!  Vika is a Brooklyn Tweed pattern by Veronik Avery from the BT Fall 2016 collection.  I'm using the color of Brooklyn Tweed Shelter shown on the female model, Meteorite.  I love all the flecks of color in the yarn!

We've been having a fairly quiet fall, very pleasant.  Didn't go to Rhinebeck this year, sadly, but that's ok -- it was fun to see all the pictures on Instagram this weekend.  Btw, if you don't do Instagram, you should!  I love it!  I'm margaretsamplerlover there if you are interested.

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi.  Hope everyone has a lovely week.



18 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your knitting always blows me away!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Mary said...

Your shawl is absolutely gorgeous Margaret, and I love the dusty rose colour too. Great shot of Mia with her boy.

Vickie said...

That Serena shawl! SWOON!! wOw! LOVELY!

Lynda Harrison said...

A-m-a-z-I-n-g shawl!!!! How beautiful and utterly brilliant your knitting is!

Vera said...

Love both knits -- and now I know how you choose your patterns...by their names and the relation to tennis - lol. Mia is too cute. Is she going to start a musical career? Sorry you didn't get to Rhinebeck - I bet it was a gorgeous weekend up there!

Vicki said...

Serena is beautiful and Vika will be just as lovely...

woolwoman said...

that bass is such a gorgeous instrument ! Miss Mia is a gorgeous accessory too!
Love your finished and blocked Serena - very nice work ! OH MY that Vika by BT is wonderful. You know I have a special love of rustic tweeds, especially in the fall.
Sorry you didn't make Rhinebeck this year but I know it's a real chore getting in and out and so forth. Cheers! have a great week - Mel

Annie said...

That shawl does look fabulous. As does your new piece. We're having a mini-heat wave here, but the time for those woolens is drawing near. BTW, will you be doing the Agassi and McEnroe next?

Karen said...

Margaret, your knitting is so gorgeous. I love that Serena shawl -- so pretty!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful shawl. Mia looks like she is happy your son is home

Carol said...

Oh, that shawl is stunning, Margaret--makes me want to learn to knit more than ever :) And your Vika sweater is looking amazing as well. Sure wish you lived next door and could teach me how to knit like you do :)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh Margaret, the knitting...THE KNITTING!!! It is spectacular! Swoon!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Love the shawl and that pullover will be lovely. That picture of Mia and her boy is so cute!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a beautiful shawl Margaret. You've really got the knitting bug these days. When I was teaching it was tradition for me to begin knitting a new garment when the school went back in August - choosing the pattern and the wool was so much fun.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Love, love, love your shawl! You have a nice collection of newish knits for fall and winter. Are you cabling without needles? I can't quite get used to that and tend to prefer using a cable needle.

What's your son up to these days? I'm sure Mia is so happy he's home as are you!

Kaisievic said...

Lovely shawl, Margaret - such a pretty soft colour. Wonderful cabling. Love the pic of your son and Mia.

Beth said...

Funny Mia and the bass! What a pretty shawl you made.

Brigitte said...

Funny to read that this pullover and the shawl have the names of tennis players.
Serena is such a wonderful shawl, so great to look at the pattern and the colour. And Vika will be a great pullover for the next winter.