Monday, October 13, 2014

Visiting boy child and family

First off, here is my progress on His Eye is on the Sparrow.  I've finished pages 1 and 2!


There will be another part to the house, but that's on page 3.  lol!

Here is my fussy cut star for this week -- another Kaffe Fassett fabric.


And this weekend I worked on my Boxy sweater. I hadn't touched it since our trip to Maine, but it's great for mindless knitting while talking to family.


This weekend the father type and I went up to my sister's outside of Boston to visit, and to see our baby boy child.  (hee hee!)  We went up for a special reason, but also just to see everyone.  We had dim sum, went to the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, watched apple pies being baked, and visited in general.

Emily
Lily

Olivia
Jamie Wyeth exhibit
by Jamie Wyeth 
I loved this sheep -- since I've been following Shetland Wool Week through blogs and Instagram,  I have sheep on the brain.

by Jamie Wyeth
This picture cracked me up.

Fashion and Jewelry from the Silver Screen exhibit
BIL and niece making apple pies.

Then Sunday evening, the Father type, the boy child and I went to a concert at Sanders Theater in Memorial Hall at Harvard.


Such a beautiful place!  (We never saw the front of the hall since we came from Harvard campus.)

Outside the theater


We went to see Chris Thile and Edgar Meyer.  Edgar Meyer is a bassist who has been held up to the boy child as a shining example for a good while now.  And Chris Thile -- well let's just say I'm turning into a Chris Thile groupie.  This is the second time Father type and I have seen him.  The first time was the Punch Brothers concert we went to.


This is a terrible picture, which I wasn't supposed to take, but I had to.

Intermission
If you notice the blur behind us, you will realize there was someone sitting there.  She was staring daggers at us, probably because we were taking pictures.  (I hope I don't get into trouble.....)  Sorry to those of my Instagram followers who got a chuckle from her stare.  I didn't want it in the picture!

Anyway, it was a wonderful concert by two MacArthur (Genius) Grant recipients.  Hopefully my two guys enjoyed it as much as I did!

After the concert we had to say goodbye to the boy child.  So sad.  And then today we drove back home.

Mia was happy to see us.  But she also smelled another cat!  (See photo of Lily above.)


Thanks as always for stopping by and saying hi.  I hope everyone has a great week!


34 comments:

Annie said...

Just too much fun in your family! And through it all you still make such great progress on your projects.

Not sure whether I would enjoy the art exhibit (especially the Silver Screen) or the pie-making exhibit more!

Magnificent hall for a concert!

Vickie said...

What a wonderful time! Such a silly Mia. Dogs and cats are both that way obviously. So jealous. ;)

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

Samplers looking wonderful. I just love family time! Its great to get out!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

The look on Mia's face says it all--you left me and you have been with another cat!

Linda said...

Lovely progress Margaret. Sounds like another fun weekend.

Linda

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I'm so enjoying seeing you stitch this design. That's an amazing painting of a sheep - I could look at it for hours. What a great visit you had with so many interesting things to see and do.

cucki said...

Sampler is looking so lovely and I love family time so much
Sweet hugs to Mia xx

Annette-California said...

Your sampler is beautiful! Glad you had a wonderful time with your family. The pies look great. Awe that sweet Mia!
love Annette

Cari said...

Love, love, love your stitching, fussy cuts and knitting. I keep up with you on Instagram so I can enjoy your work and play !! Hugs to you an sweet Mia. Isn't it funny what an amazing sense of smell she has…sniffing out another cat !!

Ruth said...

Such fun! Thanks for allowing us to adventure along with you. :) It's like taking a vacation without the quart-sized sandwich bags of liquids :)

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a beautiful theater.
Your sampler is breathtaking and your knitting exquisite. What talent.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Chris said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I loved that sheep in the Jamie Wyeth exhibit.
Cats are so funny about our Vera Bradley bags! Binx is always trying to burrow into mine.
Eye On The Sparrow looks amazing!

Teresa S. said...

Eye of the Sparrow is looking good. You are moving right along!

Anonymous said...

lovely picture of you and your family. love the stitching ♥

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Your sampler is gorgeous as is your star! Can't wait to see your sweater, too. looks like an amazing hall in which to see a concert! F.U.N.

Krista said...

What fun! That hall looks beautiful!! Your Sparrow is looking awesome! And the knitting too! :)

Mary said...

Margaret, your Sparrow has inspired me, I think it will be my New Year's start! You always seem to have so much fun with your family. Thanks for sharing!

Carol said...

Wow! What an amazing venue for the concert, Margaret--I'm sure you all enjoyed that special evening and visiting with family in Boston. Such a great city--I need to get up there to visit my sister again soon :)

Lovely progress on all of your WIPs--you are so very multi-talented!! Hugs to Miss Mia!

Ann said...

I have also ordered this sampler so it's great to see your progress! ;-)
Have fun!
Ann

Giovanna said...

Nice (and fast) progress on the sampler, and on the knitting - love that yarn.

Anon E. Mouse said...

I so enjoy your blog. FYI in case you don't know, there have been a few chart corrections posted on the designer's blog for "His Eyes..." Mouse

donnacrafts said...

Wow, wonderful stitching and knitting. Glad you had a wonderful time with your family. What a great memory... Enjoy!!

Merry Wind Farm said...

Sparrow is wonderful. Even though it is not a repro, I am seriously considering this, it looks like fun. Poor little Mia can't believe you let another cat in your bag!
Melinda

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Looks like you had a very good time!

Beth said...

His Eye is coming along SO fast - you are an amazing stitcher...and knitter...and quilter! I have a couple of Kaffe Fassett books - I get drunk on his use of color. Love the startled sheep painting. And I have many CDs with Edgar Meyer - do you have anything by Mark O'Conner? I think you'd like him. Such a lovely theatre - amazing what you can build when money is no object!

Sally said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Yep I saw that stare on Instagram! Pretty scary! Lol.

Eye of the Sparrow is looking amazing!

Awww bless Mia :)

Melody said...

The concert hall is such a beautiful building! Wow. It looks like you had some fun with your family, and some good food! The pies look yummy. The cats are so pretty, and I like their names.

Your sampler and star are beautiful as well.

Jackie's Stitches said...

The pies look relish! Love the sheep too. It looks like a delightful weekend.

His Eye is coming along beautifully!

Evelyne said...

I love your sampler!
The star is great as always.
Have a nice week.
Evelyne

Lindsay said...

Love this week's star

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful pictures, Margaret, I really felt as if I was on the trip with you. Fabulous progress on your latest sampler. How do you find the time?

woolwoman said...

Looks like great progress on the Boxy and also Sparrow! Love them both - how nice that you got to spend such a wonderful weekend in Boston and do fun things, museums, concerts, family visits - the best !! hope you have a good weekend Mel

Mugwump Woolies said...

What a great time you all must have had! You are so lucky to have such superb talent close to you. I miss the access to "culture" in the Northeast. Love the sheep by Wyeth! Can't wait to see more of the knitting and your sampler is just wonderful...love all the critters...and the kitties too.
Robyn

LoriCR said...

If you want to see 150 samplers, earliest 1726 from New Jersey, go to Princeton. Out of this world exhibit.
http://morven.org/sampler-exhibition/