Here is SDW so far.
It's getting so long! Believe it or not, I'm only a bit over halfway done.
Isn't the chapel pretty? I love the trees that surround it.
The whole character of the design is going to change from this point on. You can tell by what I'm stitching now. The letters are quite enjoyable though.
Now for the title of this post. The boy child is going to be a senior in high school this year. So yes, it's that time. Time for the college crunch. And somehow that stress is just starting to dawn on all of us. Cripes. Ugh. Bleagh. 'Nuff said.
Here's the boy child doing one of his favorite things with Mia. Just one of the ways he tortures her. lol!
Mia's only compensation for this unladylike position is that it usually happens when dinner is done. So she gets to sniff at the boy child's plate and lick it if she likes.
It's the girl child's last week of work at her internship. She'll be coming home on Sunday and be home for a month -- except for a week of vacation planned with her friends -- until college starts again. Sounds like she has really enjoyed her job this summer, which is good.
Finally, I received an award from Mouse at Tales of a Stitching Mouse.
It's the stylish blogger award. These are the rules. Thank the person who gave it to you -- thank you, Mouse!! :D Name 7 things about yourself. And give the award to 15 other stylish bloggers. Well, here comes the hardest part. The 7 things. Hmmm.
1. I'm good at remembering numbers. Don't ask me why, I just seem to retain numbers well. For example, I still remember my high school locker combination. And I think I remember my junior high school one too.
2. I love dolls and teddy bears/stuffed animals. I think you might have guessed that one from my pincushion collection.
3. I'm a pack rat. And unfortunately, so is the father type. lol!
4. I've lived in 5 states: Oklahoma, Kansas, California, New Jersey, and now New York.
5. I love tech gadgets. ie iPad, ebooks, -- hey I even get excited when a new handheld gaming system comes out. I don't get excited for me on the gaming systems though, just for the boy child. :D
6. I hate to make phone calls. If I can get away with not doing them, that's a good thing. Email all the way!
7. I want an iPhone. (See no. 5) But I can't justify getting one. Do I need one? No. And it costs more for the plan than my current simple cell phone. So why get one? But still, I'm waiting to see if the iPhone 5 comes out. Just to dream.
I'm afraid I'm chickening out on the giving the award to other bloggers. I enjoy so many blogs and love talking (virtually) to so many other stitchers/quilters that it's impossible for me to name just some of them. So consider yourself awarded if you're a blogger. :D
Thanks as always for stopping by and saying hi! I hope everyone has a great week.