Wednesday, October 7, 2020

The big reveal

 Brooklyn Tweed's new fall collection, Terre Verte, Chapter 1: Verdant releases today.  So at last I can show off the secret knitting I was doing.  The design is called Deliciosa, and it was designed by Nora Gaughan, one of the queens of cable.





It was such a pleasure to knit!  I used Brooklyn Tweed Shelter in the Button Jar colorway (which was also used for the model pictures at BT).  I love it!  Thanks, Brooklyn Tweed, for choosing me to be one of your preview knitters!

I also finished another sweater while I was waiting to be able to show off my lovely Deliciosa.  It's the Felix Cardigan by Amy Christoffers (Savory Knitting).  I knitted it with two strands of Nutiden by Honer Och Eir and one strand of Knitting for Olive Silk Mohair.  Again, I'm loving my new cardigan!  Still have to block it and find buttons for it, but it's nice and comfy and warm.



I've been busy taking virtual online classes with knitting teachers whose classes I've always wanted to take.  One of them is the Gansey Techniques class from Beth Brown Reinsel.  It's 5 sessions over 2 weekends.  The first three classes were this past weekend.  We are making a miniature gansey in class in order to try the various classic techniques that are involved in gansey knitting of old.  Here is mine, waiting for the shoulder straps, sleeve, and collar.



Mia seems to have gone into her Autumn mode -- she goes to all the warm places that she likes in the house, sits in the sun, or burrows under blankets.  Her timing is spot on!  She is also getting used to being squished by her pesky "brother."  lol!


I hope everyone is staying safe and well.

15 comments:

Vickie said...

I love your Deliciosa sweater Margaret. The color is wonderful on you! Your cardigan is fabulous also. :)

Saundra said...

Beautiful sweater. I haven't knitted in years (now I hook rugs) but when I did knit would sit up til the wee hours of the morning knitting until I got to the next cable stitch, or popcorn stitch, etc. Heck, it's been so long I probably don't remember hot to cast on. BTW, I learned the European way to knit which is easier than the American.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Such beautiful sweaters! Love that green on you and the length is so good!

Vicki said...

Your knitting is stellar, as always, Margaret! I always enjoy seeing your completed projects.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I like your sweater but I don't like short sweaters, in Canada a short sweater would not keep us warm for long. Too cold here for short sweaters. Love your cat. hugs

butterfly said...

Lovely Knitting .
Such a nice change from stitching .

diamondc said...

Margaret: Your sweaters are beautiful, the yarn sounds expensive.
I would like to take a class online, we are so busy getting things done before the snow fly's.
I love seeing Mia, Blondie The cat sends hugs to Mia.

Catherine

Rugs and Pugs said...

Congrats on being a preview knitter, an honor well deserved. What a beautiful finish!!!
And of course I love seeing you in front of your sampler wall.
Anything new in the hoop?

JustGail said...

I like the sweater, both color and the cable pattern. Maybe someday learning to knit will rise to the top of the to-do list for me. And the EF 1864 sampler - Gorgeous! thanks for putting where the patter was from. I still have all my old SANQ issues - still miss that magazine!! Maybe Mia is learning that pesky "brother" can make a great heated blanket?

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Your knitting projects are so lovely! Love the picture of Mia and her brother! LOL!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your knitting skills are amazing, but seeing your sampler wall made me drool

Sandy said...

Beautiful knitting. The color green is awesome on you. Hope you're staying well and safe from this craziness we're all dealing with.
Sandy's Space

Carol said...

Just back from CA and visiting my grandson, Margaret, so I finally have some time to catch up on my favorite blogs. Your knitting is just jaw-droppingly beautiful!! I wish I lived next door so you could teach me :) Hope you and your family are all staying well--enjoy your weekend ♥

Sandy said...

Been months, but thought I'd pop in to say hi and hope you're doing well. Stay safe from The Covid. Hope you're able to get your shots soon.
Sandy's Space

Sandy said...

I've popped in so often, but haven't left messages with each pop in; but thought I'd leave one more today. It appears you're not blogging anymore? I hope you're alright, and if you ever get back to blogging....please come for a visit to let me know so I can put you back on my blog log. Best of luck to you and yours.

Sandy's Space